searching for sunshine

I was looking up at the sky, the dark, grey and misty sky. No movement. No sound. But suddenly, out of nowhere a ray of sunshine. It was the only light in the darkest of lands. It was the beauty in my soul.

My eyes are burning, my heart is racing. I started to run faster and faster, far, far away. Nothing like this has ever happened before. this world has always been dark, dark and grey, dark, grey and misty. “I am scared” I whispered to myself. I have no one to go to, and nowhere to go. I am alone.

I have never felt this. I have never seen this. In a way I feel cared for. In a way I feel loved. I am confused, I wonder if this is what my parents felt when I passed away.

4 years earlier

I opened my eyes, all I could see was a dark hospital room, small, tight and uncomfortable. I miss my parents, I want to go home. A bright light is shining in my eye and powerful tools for operations around me. A fast pounding is going through my head, I feel sick in my stomach. I don’t like it here. I want to go live my life, I want to go out in to the sunshine.

I closed my eyes and opened them again just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I looked around “where am I”, I said to myself. My memory has faded. “How did I get here?” “Who are my parents?” This place is dark. “I don’t remember this place?” In a way I like it here but in a way I don’t.